Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I lost my social security card. How do I get another one?

According to the Social Security Administration website, here's what you should do:

"You can replace your Social Security card for free if it is lost or stolen. However, you are limited to three replacement cards in a year and 10 during your lifetime. Legal name changes and other exceptions do not count toward these limits. For example, changes in noncitizen status that require card updates may not count toward these limits. Also, you may not be affected by these limits if you can prove you need the card to prevent a significant hardship.

"To get a replacement card:

As always, please feel free to contact us through our website,, if we can be of assistance.

No comments: