Saturday, March 06, 2010

How do I obtain a marriage license in Texas?

In order for two adults to legally enter into a marriage in the state of Texas, a man and a woman must obtain a marriage license from the county clerk of any county in this state. The couple must both appear before the county clerk, provide proof of identity, fill out an application provided by the county clerk, and take the oath printed on the application form.

The couple must then participate in a ceremony that is to be conducted within 31 days of the issuing of their license. If a ceremony is not conducted, or an authorized person does not conduct the ceremony, the marriage license expires.

If you need a Texas Family Lawyer, contact Peterson Law Group.

No comments: